Mar 21, 2006

Half time goes by, suddenly you're wise, another blink of an eye 67 is gone. The sun is getting high. We're moving on...

This is a poem I wrote in the last few months. Check it out. The title/lyric comes from Five For Fighting's song 100 years. Click the title and visit their website.

Ptolemy
By J.D. Rose

In the warm winter of his life I found a friend;
alive and dying, balding and youthful, glowing
in awe of what the world could still teach him.
I would sit and ask him where I was going

and he would say it was for me to decide.
There were moments when I thought I could
overcome the world in a fair fight.
He would smile, wrinkled and wide, and say I should.

His lessons were always that love always wins.
His stories were always recollections of grace.
though a violent act never flowed through his hands
one glimpsed a warrior's spirit on his face.

But as long as we have journeyed I have been the stronger,
and though a wise mentor he remains, he'll be my conscience no longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The Master of Life's been good to me. He has given me strength to face past illnesses, and victory in the face of defeat. He has given me life and joy where other saw oblivion. He Has given new purpose to live for, new services to render and old wounds to heal.
Life and love go on, let the music play."

-J.C.