Mar 15, 2006

Turn the radio up for the sweet sound! (Or who the hell is Eric Carmen?)

I thought Henry Lee Summer sang the song Make Me Lose Control, where this title finds its lyrics. Apparently some OTHER star for a day wrote and sang it named Eric Carmen, no not the fat Southpark kid. Anyway, since I was going to tell how my dad knew Henry Lee Summer in high school, and since I don't know any (i turns out) of his songs to quote, this is as close as he'll get to any coverage on Exposing Thorns. Clicking the title (lyrics by Eric Carmen) will take you to once mildly popular rocker Henry Lee Summer's website. Sweet!

This blog post is largely to announce two additions to the spot. One is my saved as draft and now completed as post for March 12 which should be at the bottom of the screen today and then available on the right and then in archives. The other is to announce the addition of my favorites list from pandora.com on the right side of the blogspot. These are the last ten sopngs I added to my favorites while listening to pandora.com on my computer.

Pandora.com is a customizable music station where you can search for music that sounds like your favorite songs or artists. I have built two stations; My Kinda Radio, which cheesy name withstanding includes a lot of the music I like and offers me similar types of songs and musicians, and Songwriter Radio which I've tried to build around what I think are artists who truly craft songs and stories and not just pop tunes. I highly recommend you visitng there and trying to find your own favorite styles, singers, and songs. It should be an ever changing, ever constant post on Exposing My Thorns from here on out. I hope you all enjoy seeing what kind of music I am into. From the looks of it right now-guitars and solid vocals appear required. Not surprising.

Chekc out March 12, visit Henry Lee Summer's website, and check out pandora.com...and have a great Thursday. I'll be posting a sign sometime between watching NCAA basketball!

No comments: