May 5, 2007

As I sit here in my shades of blue

The title is a lyric from one of my band Ampersuaded's songs called Gray. The link will take you to a band named Blue's website that I can't recommend, but they fit the theme today.

A bonus post on Cinco De Mayo!

I decided that since I wasn't tired, at work, and Blogger built new layouts I would chance destroying all my work on Exposing My Thorns and change to the new format. With that came a few decisions; shortened name, change of profile pic, and change of color. I decided black was appropriate no longer. I am in a good place. So I have graduated to blue.

To further prove I am in a brighter mood. Here are the lyrics I wrote in October of 2004 to the song we call Gray:

Gray
By J.D. Rose


I've sung my songs about orange and fire
And I've bled red in bedtime stories
Painted purple to inspire
White was always goodness and black was always sad
And anything that started green could never be that bad
But as I sit here in my shades of blue
Trying to make it through another day
The only song I have for you is gray

Because most of life really is somewhere between black and white
Most of what we do in life is somewhere between wrong and right
Because I can't be smiling yellow today
Let me sing from my heart where all is gray

Met a girl in pink from head to toe
She was either oblivious or needed let go
Silver and gold don't move me and I've never been one for teal
Just let me wrap myself in gray, cause that's the way I feel
But as I sit here in my shades of blue
Trying to make it through another day
The only song I have for you is gray

Because most of life really is somewhere between black and white
Most of what we do in life is somewhere between wrong and right
Because I can't be smiling yellow today
Let me sing from my heart where all is gray

When my colors all fade to darkness and I've nothing left to say
Let me lay there and wait for the light to come and save me
From all this gray

And here is a pic of me in Memphis two weeks ago, fruiting it up in the Central Library, for now my profile pic!


Hope y'all enjoy the new and improved blog!

No comments: