May 11, 2007

In the cathedrals of New York and Rome there is a feeling that you should just go home, and spend a lifetime finding out just where that is.

Today's lyric comes from Jump, Little Children's song Cathedrals which I dearly love. Check out their site by clicking the title.

I was talking to someone about my profile pic, trying to explain where I was. I was inside the Central Library in Memphis, Tennessee, the best library I've ever been to; very modern and cool. In their children's section (a whole floor) there are these paths cut through the floor leading to a stained glass room where there are places to play and read. My profile pic was taken through the glass of that reading space. Here is a view from inside the room looking up.


It really is a beautiful library. There are these scrolls out front with human knowledge humanity has acquired carved into each of them. There is one scroll that has been left blank for what we will discover. Here is a pic of the windows looking out the main windows of the library.


There are some amazing places man has made, with hidden beauty and real messages for those who happen to be looking. I will try to catalogue such places when I find them, here on Exposing Thorns.

No comments: