Dec 12, 2005

Don't let those ads get you down. We'll start our own trend: virile, happy bald men and we'll get all the chicks in this town.

The title/lyric comes from a song written by Mick Terry, but the link is one I thought would be more enjoyable! Click the title to play a game starring one of the most popular bald men in history.

TOP TEN BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING BALD

10 Never have hat hair
9 In a street fight, I have less to grab
8 I can be ready to go out in seconds
7 I haven't paid for a haircut in two years
6 While my friends' appearance will drastically change over the next three decades, I will look relatively the same, and while I may look older now in comparison, I will seem timeless when we're 50!
5 If money ever gets tight I can sell advertising space most don't have available.
4 The Man and His Two Wives by Aesop
A middle-aged man had two wives, one who was old and one who was young. Each one desired to see him like herself. Now the man's hair was turning gray, which the young wife did not like, as it made him look too old for her husband. So every night she used to comb his hair and pull out the white ones. But the elder wife saw her husband growing gray with great pleasure, for she did not like to be mistaken for his mother. So every morning she used to arrange his hair and pull out as many of the black ones as she could. In consequence the man soon found himself entirely bald.
Moral: Yield to all and you will soon have nothing to yield.
J.D.'s Moral: I can date within a thirty year age range...for the next thirty years!!! Hide your daughters!
3 I've had the same bottle of shampoo since last February.
2 Association with other bald men. Top Ten within the Top Ten:
Top Ten Bald Men in History
First, the Honorable Mentions: Telly Suvalis (Kojack), Ving Rhames (Well...Kojack), Michael Clarke Duncan (The Green Mile), Michael Stipe (R.E.M.), Paul Schaeffer (Late Show with David Letterman (who should probably be on this list if he was honest with himself)), Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins), Stephen Covey (7 Habits...), Jesse Ventura (The Body, Brain, Blowhard), Anthony Edwards (Goose!, Dr. Green), Moby (for nothing except that he dated Natalie Portman), Ed Harris (Great Actor, Apollo 13, Pollack, Truman Show), Mark Messier (A star, but I hate hockey), Steve Austin (cause he could kick my ass), Dick Vitale (baby!), C.S. Lewis (read him all you can), and the Apostle Peter (who probably should've made the Top Ten, but I just thought of him, and I did the honorable mentions after I did the list.) Okay, for his impact on the world, Peter is number one, then, barely behind him in some cases regarding popularity I'm afriad is the following...
10 Andre Agassi (Tennis Great, once had a massive 80's mane, now, still one of the best is bald and much cooler)
9 Bruce Willis (The Die Hard Trilogy alone grants him status as cool, let alone how many hot women he dated/married when they were young, but his turn in Unbreakable (a great great movie) purely shaved grants him Top Ten status here
8 Dave Chappelle (One of the funniest men in America right now, even if he's flipped out as of late)
7 Sean Connery (As he gets older, still the best Bond, begins to show more of the chrome dome with each role)
6 Yul Brynner (The Bald Godfather, has me rooting for Pharaoh, the King, and all sorts of authority figures throughout his movie career)
5 (Tie) Cal Ripken, Jr. and Patrick Stewart (Baseball's Iron Man and one of its nicest guys and Star Trek's best Captian ever, Professor X, and a hell of an actor stumped me)
4 William Shakespeare (Lest we forget I was a theatre major for a fortknight)
3 Samuel L. Jackson (Jedi-Master, greatest thing to ever happen to Quentin Tarantino, coolest actor with a chrome dome, with apologies to #7, but Shaft succeeded where Bond failed-he was cool, tough, AND bald! Wow! Standing ovation to you, future Oscar winner, Mr. Mace Windu Jackson
2 Sir WInston Churchill (Leader of Great Britian during WWII, Nobel Prize winner)
1 Michael Jordan (Greatest Basketball Player of All-Time, National Icon. Come on was there any doubt?)
and the number one best thing about being bald...
1 I never have a bad hair day!

I have been writing this blogpost for a while in my head, had a free hour and thought I'd share it with you. Science says that I have my maternal grandfather to thank for my baldness, ofcourse when he passed on I was a little mop-top, even my pre-afro days. But I've said for a long time, whenever I see him again, and I believe I will, we will be discussing it. Meantime I am on the lookout for any beautiful women with an aversion to hair or a fetish for baldness. Strange as that sounds, I bet without looking too hard I could find one. Because the world is just full of crazy and i am a magnet for it. Found these lyrics today that gave me hope. I'll leave you with it. Hope everyone is having a good hair day!

BALD MEN

(lyrics by Christine Lavin)

I don't like men who exaggerate
about the places they've been
about the money they've made
I like a man who's honest and true
You can look him in the eye
When he's talking to you
I like men who accept who they are
Not everyone can look like a movie star
If you can follow this thought
to it's logical end
You can see why I like bald-headed men
. . . ooh, I like bald-headed men

Everyone knows that it's testosterone
that turns bushy-haired men into a chrome dome
But testosterone is what makes a man a man
The more that he's got the more that he can
Do the things that make the women go "Oy!"
I'll take the bald-headed man over a big-haired boy
Big-haired boys make very good friends
But they cannot compare to bald-headed men
I've said it before
I'll say it again
I like bald-headed men

So why did you waste your money
joining that hair club for guys?
Oh, why would you cover your manly badge of honor
with such a bad disguise?
Oh, why would you throw away money on Rogaine and Minoxidil?
When all they can guarantee are years and years of pharmacy bills
. . . please don't do it!
I believe the hair replacement industry for men
is like the cosmetic industry for women
A giant black hole that will suck your money away
for the rest of your life
. . . please don't do it!

No matter how you fight it, time marches on
Some new things appear, some old things are gone
Let it move - - it's a natural thing
Like a leaf on a tree or a bird on a wing
Try looking in your mirror from a whole different place
You're not losing hair, you're gaining face
Be confident! Be cool! It won't be long when
You are bound to be one of the bald-headed men

Said it before
I'll say it again
I love bald-headed men

2 comments:

freethoughtguy said...

If you want to see a real afro, check out the latest post on my blog!

rosehipgirl said...

HA HA HA!!

you forgot about Mr. Clean...

he was so awesome, too!!!

It's Amanda G. btw in case you didn't know!!