Apr 4, 2006

Felt the people's love flow all around. It left me crying just thinking about it, how they used my Savior's name to keep you down.

This lyric comes from Bruce Cockburn's song Red Brother, Red Sister.

I was up extremely late making a postcard for the church to be mailed out to the whole community about our name change and exit from the denomination. I didn't include the word welcome anywhere, because I don't think many would feel so and my integrity is all I've got left in this place on days I don't see kids.

Interestingly, the new United Church of Christ commercial just came out. I think it's pretty good, pretty profound, and pretty funny. I also think some more churches will be pretty pissed about it. It occurs to me that a church that has an agenda isn't really welcoming of all people either.

If you'd like to see the commercial, click the title of this blog.

No comments: