Oct 8, 2007

One thing's for certain when it comes my time; I'll leave this world with a satisfied mind.

The title today is a lyric from one of my prophets, Johnny Cash. Click the title to visit a cool fan site devoted to The Man In Black, gone now 4 years.

This post is simply my request for prayers for kids I am working with in Kingwood. They are resisting the journey and taking baby baby steps, but I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Please send us some positive thoughts and/or prayers. It is time we took the next step(s).

Here's me giving the morning watch devotion at camp, just after we'd taken the camp pic. Looks like I slayed them all! There are moments when I do feel like I am figthing a battle against these kids. Again, please think of us for a moment today...


"Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody." -Henry Wordsworth Longfellow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JD,
Remember what they say, you can lead the horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Course, who gives a crap what they say, who are they anyway? You may not get him to drink but you can get him pretty darn wet! Just keep leading them to the water, if they get wet enough they may just decide to give the water a try. Mark M.