May 8, 2006

The card attached would say 'thank you for being a friend.'

This title is a lyric from a pretty bad song that has a large amount of significance for me. It is Thank You For Being A Friend written by Andrew Gold and while it's cheesy and sentimental, it is also the theme song to The Golden Girls which was one of my favorite shows to watch when I was a kid because it was the first one my Grandma and I both liked. I still think it was quite a good show. Click the title to learn more about Dorothy, Rose, Blanche, and Sophia and the ladies who played them.

After my last post, which was fun to write, but perhaps not fun to read for everybody I felt I owed a small post to you all. This quote has been lifting me lately.

"Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes." -unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now, after two whole days, I cannot get that song out of my head!!! Thanks a lot, JD!

Bethany said...

as soon as I read this, a commercial for the fifth season of Golden Girls came on. It made me smile.

Come visit before you leave for Texas, okay?

If you don't, I may never see you again.